Lust Stories is an anthology of four different stories with common strings interconnected with each other. All four of them gave voice to love, modern relationships, lust, betrayal and the idea of being purely you, rigid thinking patterns and certain taboos. Directed by four cheered international directors Karan Johar, Dibaker Banerjee, Zoya Akhtar and Anurag Kashyap. Here are 10 moments from lust stories that broke rigid thinking.
The first story directed by Anurag Kashyap which starred Radhika Apte and Akash Thosar threw light on the issue of having a personal space after marriage and cleared few stern thoughts of ours. Find them below:
- Radhika Apte shares her conversation with her husband Mihir and breaks this misconception by letting us know how he regards her space, decisions and life and let her explore her life.
2. There is no hard n fast rule in the world that only men will fall in love with the girl after being physical it’s vice-versa too and none of the above.
When she doesn’t realize that she is getting possessive.
3. Let the world say whatever they want they are not the ones to live your life. No one has the right to decide good and bad for you, you must be the driver of your own life.
The second Story directed by Zoya Akhtar starred Bhumi Padnekara and Neil Bhoopalan. The story raised curtains from the cast discrimination and taught us how to accept and regard our differences.
4. Both accepted and respected their barriers for not being together and moves on which is the best part in regard to this story.
The third story which is directed by Dibaker Banerjee starred Manisha Koirala, Jaideep Alhawat and Sanjay Kapoor unveils a secret behind living life on your terms and that it just “A Step”- A step with a strong will and a hope. It merely takes little courage to take a step from the monotony of your life. Just because you are married that doesn’t mean you have to wait for your husband to allow you to be liberal.
5. When Manisha (Reena) finally takes the step to break her monotony and explores how active and fresh she feels to relive. It’s important to be free and self-decisive.
6. Marriage doesn’t make your partner a liability rather a companion. So your behaviour towards them makes them see the other side of you.
7. So that’s how it portrays that women do have a right to take her own decisions and act upon with a sole freedom. words cut deeper than a knife and not everybody forgets what is said.
The fourth story is directed by Karan Johar and stars Neha Dhupiya, Vicky Kaushal and Kaira Advani. The story is astounding and very well portrayed the orthodox and cliched mindset of Indian society for women. Making the viewers broaden their minds and think.
The story highlighted two weak aspects of the society, gender equality and women desires.
8. In the fast-paced world where girls are keeping pace with boys and it’s a need of an hour to let both the genders compete in order to be prepared to face the outer world irrespective of their weaknesses, helplessness and gender discrimination. Talk clearly with your children if you want them to be bold and decisive.
9. Director portrays a crucial topic related to a women’s desire to stay sexually active and make it their choice to bear children. But the rigid thinking of our society says that marriage is merely a formality and a part of life to bear kids and nurture them, but they are unaware with the happiness, desires and freedom of a newlywed bride. she chooses to be herself unapologetically and accepts that there is no harm in being sexually active and being open to the same if you are.
10. Marriage is not a formality it is about exploring the other side of you. And being intimate isn’t a process it’s a feeling to be felt.
Lust Stories is an astounding compendium of love fables each giving a blunt message to understand these complicated, suffocating and unshared things like love, relations and right of living your life the way you want. Lust stories give an honest vision of women about sex and their desires, emotions, freedom and decisions were perfectly wrapped. Actors stupendously performed and wore each and every flavour of the film giving precisely what it asked for.