With Diwali being around the corner, the markets are gushing with people to buy all sorts of stuff for their Diwali preparation. If we talk about Diwali, then crackers are too, to be mentioned. But are crackers cool anymore? Nah! Now let’s have a look at the ways people seem to enjoy their Diwali rather than just blowing the atmosphere:
Celebrate Diwali Without Crackers
1. Go colourful, make Rangolis: If Diwali means crackers, it equally means rangoli. People go haywire finding the designs for their rangoli months before, they kinda compete whose rangoli is bigger and more colourful. So go colourful and try making huge rangolis in your house. There are several rangoli making competitions being held throughout the cities.
2. Make your Mom happy, make dishes: This Diwali try a hand at making some savoury sweets or snacks at home. If not you, it will definitely make your Mom happy. You can begin with some of the easiest snacks (that in no sense means Maggie!)
3. Go on decorating your place: Making rangoli is one thing but decorating your house on Diwali is another herculean task. Markets are flooded with people selling decoration stuff and hence there are many options to choose from. Buy from people who in return can celebrate their festival, go local. The best decorating option is flowers, the easiest yet most beautiful.
4. Plan a small family get together: Diwali eve is the best time for a family to reunite and celebrate a festival together. Now that you have made rangoli, decorated your house and made some snack at home, now it’s time for your relatives to try your handmade snack, call them over for the small get together and have fun.
5. Make this Diwali special for the people who are less fortunate: This will definitely make your day happy. Trying spending time with small poor kids and see the happiness on their faces, this will give you a sense of satisfaction. You can give them small gifts but gifting them your time will definitely make their festival and yours too.
These are our picks to celebrate Diwali Without crackers, let us know in comments your interesting ideas to celebrate Diwali without crackers.