In the .36.3.5-rc1 CS: GO Beta depot many some changes are made in CSGO Nuke Map, Overpass Map and some fixes in hitboxes. This will now fix some major issues suffered by CSGO gamers.
Headshot from behind is always being a major problem in CS:GO. It feels very bad if someone is playing the game for hours and when they connect a neck shot from behind and bullet pass through the neck and nothing happens. This is because of the faulty player model. Another major problem that many CSGO gamers faced is using “E” key to pick-up the weapons.
Developers release the latest update for the pre-release Beta to fix these issues. They have added a new hitbox at the back of the neck which will count any shot to the neck as a headshot.
“Added a new hitbox type for necks and applied it to the existing neck hitbox on character models. Bullets that penetrate the neck into the head will now count as headshots. This should make it more intuitive to tell when an attack from behind will result in a headshot.”
The developers also fixed the “E” key problem to give the players more reliability in playing.
‘”Fixed ‘use’ key to more reliably pick up weapons on the ground and to not drop the active weapon if a replacement weapon cannot be picked up.”
Apart from that the update bring some major changes to the Nuke map and Overpass map in CSGo.
With the changes in Nuke Map, now there is no visibility between the site A and silos with the closed entrance to the Site B through the vents. Now the vents are connected to the lower halls. The changes are made majorily on both bomb side. The latest patch also replaces the Toxic room with a wall.
In the overpass map, the update reduced the surrounding’s sound which hurts the Terrorist who comes towards site B. Spooky shadow fading near the main entrance to B site is also removed.
The following changes are available in the 220.127.116.11-rc1 CS:GO Beta depot.
- General adjustments to ambient sounds:
- Increased resolution and character of reverb effects to better reflect surrounding map geometry
- Small mix adjustments
- Improved vent destruction sounds and increased audible distance.
- Added a new hitbox type for necks and applied it to the existing neck hitbox on character models. Bullets that penetrate the neck into the head will now count as headshots. This should make it more intuitive to tell when an attack from behind will result in a headshot.
- Fixed ‘use’ key to more reliably pick up weapons on the ground and to not drop the active weapon if a replacement weapon cannot be picked up.
- Optimizations for low settings
- Blocked visibility between silos inside A site
- Ported over ShortNuke gameplay changes:
- Removed Toxic
- Vent no longer connects directly to B site, but has another exit close to double doors
- Pushed new corner boxes on B site further back to prevent headshot angle towards the ramp
- Added solid background to yellow crane inside B site
- Smoothed out some player movement
- Lowered volume of ambient sounds in Overpass
- Added grenade and player collision to fence cage near construction
- Removed spooky shadow fading in when approaching T main entrance to B site