Microsoft has released newest Xbox One Preview Alpha System Update. It includes a brand new feature of inactivity shutdown options and the “Do not disturb” option.
In addition to these features, the new update also adds Mini Game Hubs, Scheduled themes, guide enhancement and many more.Let’s see some of these new options and how to apply them:
Inactivity Shutdown Options
It is added to the power mode and startup menu. By this option, the console will shut down automatically after one or more hours. You can configure the time according to your need.
To enable the inactivity shutdown options:
- Under Options, select the “Turn off after” drop-down menu.
- Navigate to Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
You can select one hour to six hours of timing in the option.
Do Not Disturb
It is a unique feature in the update. Sometimes all you want to avoid distractions to focus on the game. For this Microsoft included a “Do not disturb” online status, which will suppress notifications and let your friend know about your non-availability at that time.
- To enable Do not disturb status:
- Open the Guide and select your profile icon to the far left.
- Select My profile.
- From the Appear online dropdown to the right, select Do not disturb.
Microsoft also added the ability to the themes on a schedule. You can choose the light or dark theme and can now schedule a time to automatically switch between them. To apply this feature simply follow the steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Theme & motion.
- Select Scheduled from the “System theme” drop-down.
- Select the times at which you want the light theme to start and end.
There are more features and many fixes are available in the update. You can check them here.