After a series of leaks about the new Fortnite tournament mode, it seems that Epic Games is all set to announce a brand new Fortnite mode featuring tournaments.
New Fortnite Tournament Mode Announced
According to the sources online, there will be a new “Events” section added to the game. There you will able to find out the available Fortnite tournaments for competing.
“In-Game Tournaments are open to everyone and provide an opportunity for every player to compete directly alongside the pros for prizes and glory. Note that all players must opt-in for crossplay to participate in competitive events.”
“During tournaments, players from all platforms will compete against one another as equals, regardless of if they are on a Mouse, Controller, or Touch input device. Every player will participate in the same competitions from start to finish, with equal opportunity to rise above the competition.”
New Fortnite Tournament Mode- Upcoming Tournaments
- Alpha Tournament (Solo)
- Dates: October 16 – October 21
- Description: Participate in the first in-game tournament, spanning across several days of daily competition!
- Beta Tournament (Duo)
- Dates: October 23 – October 25
- Description: Grab a friend and take on the world – until you are the last two left.
- Friday Night Fortnite (Squad)
- Dates: October 19 – November 30
- Description: Join your friends every Friday and kick off your weekend with some exciting Squad action.
- Salty Springs Cup (Solo)
- Dates: October 27 – October 31
- Description: One week and three attempts to prove you’re the saltiest that Salty Springs has to offer.
- Tomato Temple Cup (Duo)
- Dates: October 28 – November 1
- Description: Become legends of the Tomato Temple Cup.
So, these were the upcoming tournaments in the new Fortnite tournament mode. If you think that you could do well in these tournaments, then hurry up and start practising.