OnePlus 5T after much leaks and rumors has been finally launched at an event in New York. The main highlight of the new flagship from OnePlus is its 6.01-inch full-HD+ bezel-less display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. And also its brand new dual camera setup, removing the telephoto lens and replacing it with a large aperture one. However with all that features the price tag of one plus 5T is same as the original OnePlus 5.
One plus ,CEO Pete Lau said in a statement, “The feedback on the OnePlus 5 has been very positive, but there were some areas where we saw room for improvement to create an even better user experience. We love nothing more than offering our community the latest and greatest technology and a user experience to beat expectations.”
OnePlus 5T specifications, features:
OnePlus 5T runs on OxygenOS 4.7 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box and will get Android 8 oreo update in early 2018 as the company says. A new feature Face Unlock – which the company says is based on advanced facial recognition algorithms that use over 100 facial features identity points to “securely unlock” the smartphone in 0.4 seconds , which was not present on the One plus 5.The display must be on for Face Unlock to work. Face Unlock will work as an authentication method on sensitive apps, like payment apps, however company has not diced the fingerprint sensor which is now placed on the back of the device.
The OnePlus 5T has a 6.01-inch full-HD+ Full Optic AMOLED display with a resolution of (1080×1920 pixels) with an 18:9 aspect ratio, 401ppi pixel density, and 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The display also supports sRGB and DCI-P3 colour gamuts. Just like the OnePlus 5, the OnePlus 5T is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 835 SoC which is clocked at up to 2.45GHz, with either 6GB or 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM.
Users can also long-press the fingerprint sensor to take a selfie, and swipe the fingerprint sensor to bring up the notification shade. Other OxygenOS features seen on the OnePlus 5’s latest stable builds have also made it through, such as Reading Mode, Parallel Apps, and Gallery Maps. The last update the OnePlus 5 received was OxygenOS 4.5.14, but we can expect OxygenOS 4.7 to make it way to the older smartphone as well.
OnePlus 5T – cameras:
One plus 5T has dual rear cameras, the primary sensor is a 16-megapixel Sony IMX398 sensor with 1.12-micron pixels and an aperture of f/1.7 which is same as one plus 5. However, it appears to have an upgraded focal length of 27.22mm.
The secondary sensor, has now been replaced with a 20-megapixel Sony IMX376K sensor which was previously powered by a 20-megapixel Sony IMX350 sensor and paired with a telephoto lens,. It retains the 1-micron pixel size, however, upgrades the aperture to f/1.7 and focal length to 27.22mm – the same as the primary sensor. The rear camera setup is accompanied by dual-LED flash, and can record 4K video at 30fps, apart from 1080p video at 60fps.
With the dual camera changes on the OnePlus 5T, the emphasis is on low-light photography rather than depth-of-field effects provided by the telephoto lens from the original. OnePlus says that in low-light conditions, under 10 lux, the OnePlus 5T switches to the secondary 20-megapixel camera. This camera is equipped with ‘Intelligent Pixel Technology‘, first seen on the OnePlus 3T’s front camera, which merges four pixels into one with the aim of ensuring each resultant pixel captures enough light. It also results in reduced noise and improves clarity, OnePlus says. The dual camera setup still enables depth-of-field effects with Portrait mode however, since the focal length on both lenses is identical, OnePlus says there will be no cropping as seen with the telephoto lens.
OnePlus also says it has redesigned the camera UI on the OnePlus 5T, making it easier to access all the features with using the smartphone with one hand, thanks to new swipe gestures. The OnePlus 5’s Pro Mode interface makes its way to the OnePlus 5T as well, and EIS is carried forward.
The OnePlus 5T’s front camera is identical in all aspects to the OnePlus 5, sporting a 16-megapixel Sony IMX371 sensor with 1-micron pixels and an aperture of f/2.0. It can record 1080p videos at 30fps.
Connectivity options on the OnePlus 5T include 4G VoLTE, dual-band (2.4GHz, 5GHz) Wi-Fi 802.11ac with MIMO 2×2, Bluetooth v5.0 with aptX and aptX HD, NFC, GPS/ A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, and a USB Type-C (v2.0) port.
OnePlus 5T has all major sensors which include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and an RGB sensor. And due bezel-less display fingerprint sensor, now moved to the rear panel instead of the home button. The iconic alert slider remains the same that’s been a stable on the company’s smartphones since the OnePlus
The OnePlus 5T is backed up by a 3300mAh non-removable battery which is same capacity as the OnePlus 5, and supports the company’s Dash Charge (5V, 4A) fast charging technology. The smartphone weighs 162 grams, and measures 156.1x75x7.3mm. To put that form factor in perspective, the OnePlus 5 weighs 153 grams and measured 154.2×74.1×7.25mm, making the OnePlus 5T longer, wider, and thicker than its predecessor. The smartphone is still made out of a metal unibody, using anodised aluminium.
OnePlus 5T price in India:
- OnePlus 5T price in India is Rs. 32,999 for the 6GB RAM/ 64GB inbuilt storage variant, and Rs. 37,999 for the 8GB RAM/ 128GB inbuilt storage variant.
- In the US, the OnePlus 5T 6GB RAM/ 64GB storage variant is priced at $499 (roughly Rs. 32,600), while the 8GB RAM/ 128GB storage variant is priced at $559 (roughly Rs. 36,500).
OnePlus 5T availability:
- One plus 5T will only be available in a Midnight Black colour variant. The smartphone is exclusive to Amazon India, but will also be available via the OnePlus online store in India.
- The smartphone will first go on sale exclusively for Amazon Prime members at 4:30pm IST on November 21.
- Customers can also participate in the early access sale on OnePlusStore.in and OnePlus Experience Store at the same time.
- Open sales of the OnePlus 5T start on November 28, the same day as the US and EU markets, showing the importance of India for the company.
OnePlus 5T launch offers:
- OnePlus says all OnePlus 5T users will be eligible for a complimentary 12-month accidental damage insurance by Servify. For this, users will need to download the Kotak 811 app and activating a savings account with an initial deposit of Rs 1,000 in the introductory period.
- The Chinese company is also touting partner offers from Amazon Prime and Kindle.
- OnePlus 5T customers will also get additional data from Idea.
- Using HDFC Bank debit and credit cards will get a Rs. 1,500 instant discount on Amazon.in until December 2.
Interest in the smartphone has already been good, with Amazon announcing that within a week, it had received 1.1 million registrations from consumers showing their interest.
- Captain Tsubasa 2018 Episode 9 Spoilers Predictions – Nankatsu scores goal
- One Piece 906 Spoilers Predictions Revolutionary Forces Tactics
- Upcoming Horror Movies Release Dates from 2018 to 2019
- ESL PUBG- FaZe, Team Kinguin and Alliance Qualified For PUBG Global Invitational (PGI )EU qualifier finals
- Fortnite Season 4 Week 5 Challenges Leaked Online
- Seven Deadly Sins Season 2 Episode 19 Meliodas takes on Ten Commandments
- Upcoming Superhero Movie Release Dates From 2018 to 2019
- Naseeruddin Shah Debuts In Zero Kms, A Zee5 Original Web Series
- Pornhub Launches Its Own VPN For Secure Browsing
- BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS Episode 60 Spoilers