After the Overwatch PTR update, most awaited rework Symmetra Overhaul is now finally playable on the Overwatch PTR. After her rework, she is now playable as Defence hero rather than support Hero. Her abilities also get changed after her role. Here is full Overwatch guide about Symmetra Overhaul Abilities.
Overwatch Guide- Symmetra Abilities
So according to the latest Overwatch PTR Update, these are new abilities and weapon tweaks of Symmetra Overhaul.
Photon Projector – Primary Fire
Now her primary fire is that photon projector which doesn’t lock onto enemies. It will help to do greater damage on enemies with increased range.
- No longer locks onto targets
- Range increased to 10 meters
- Damage ramping (both up and down) now takes 2 seconds per damage level instead of 1 second
- Damage ramp increased from 30/60/120 to 60/120/180
- Now generates ammo instead of spending it when hitting barriers
Photon Projector – Alternate Fire
There are also some tweaks in her alternate fire version of Photon Projector. Now it directly explodes on making contact with enemies without piercing them. Weapons projectile speed also increased to use it for long-range attacks. Explosive projectiles now become more powerful with 60 damage.
- No longer pierces targets
- Now explodes on contact
- Projectile speed increased
- Charge up speed increased
- Damage changed to 60 impacts / 60 explosive
Ability 1: Sentry Turret
Now Symmetra can launch Sentry Turret by a projectile rather than walking to the position to place them. In addition, she will able to deploy only 3 turrets but with stronger damage than previous turrets. This will help her to spend less time to keep turrets alive.
- Turret is now placed like a projectile instead of being set in place
- Can hold a max of 3 now, down from 6
- Can now deploy a max of 3, down from 6
- Health increased from 1 to 30
- Damage increased
- Amount of slowing effect increased
“Symmetra’s turrets are a core part of her identity and now they are stronger than ever”. “With the new deploy method, she can place them in more difficult to reach places, or just throw them down in the middle of combat while fighting with her weapon.” Blizzard Said.
Ability 2: Teleporter
Now her old Photon Barrier ability is replaced by teleporter. It works better than the original teleporter. Now you can place an exit up to 25 meters away from Symmetra with an entrance front of you. Its time duration is 10 second which is enough for allies to run in the teleporter.
- Can now place the exit up to 25 meters away from Symmetra
- The entrance will automatically be built in front of Symmetra, rather than at her team’s spawn point
- Lasts 10 seconds
- Health lowered to 300
- More things can teleport through it, such as Junkrat tire and D.Va’s exploding mech
- The entrance can now be destroyed
“This change allows Symmetra to bring unique functionality to her teammates and create the super fun and interesting combos and plays,” Blizzard said.
Ultimate: Photon Barrier
Now her previous secondary ability is her new ultimate with some major tweaks. Instead of circular barriers, she can now create an immobile wall that is big enough to span and cut through the entire map. She can also use new wall to dop in middle of a fight or can block an enemy ultimate. You can also put a teleporter on both sides of the wall by combining your abilities.
- Deploys a barrier that is big enough to span and cut through an entire map
- Orientation can be changed by pressing the ultimate button again
- Has 5000 health
“We’ve been playtesting these changes for some time now and we’re still finding new and interesting things that can be done with the new Symmetra,” Blizzard said.