Blizzard has released a new update for the Overwatch Game, and the latest update majorly focuses on bug fixing.
It also has introduced, 200 skins from Overwatch League (Expansion’s Team Skins) which can be unlocked by doing challenges.
Also, the all-new Ana Skin can be unlocked by completing the Bastet Challenge
Overwatch League Expansion’s team skin will be available at 100 OWL Tokens which can either be earned by watching Overwatch League on Twitch or by real money.
All the details pertaining to Overwatch January 9th Update has been shared below
Overwatch Update January 8th Patch Notes
A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
Ana’s Bastet Challenge
We’re bringing Ana’s journey in the short story “Bastet” to Overwatch with some special, unlockable in-game content. Wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade will all earn you a limited-time player icon, victory pose, and a new epic skin: BASTET ANA!
Tune in to participating Twitch broadcasters while they’re playing Overwatch anytime through January 21 to earn five Ana’s Bastet Challenge sprays!
To learn more about Ana’s Bastet Challenge, click here.
Overwatch League 2019 Season Skins
Team uniforms come to life as in-game skins! Skin are now ready to equip in-game for the eight new Overwatch League 2019 teams: Atlanta Reign, Chengdu Hunters, Guangzhou Charge, Hangzhou Spark, Paris Eternal, Toronto Defiant, Vancouver Titans, and Washington Justice. Represent your favorite team (or teams) in-game with skins for every hero.
Learn more about the Overwatch League here.
GAME BROWSER AND CUSTOM GAME UPDATES
- Status effect icons now display on the afflicted heroes’ portraits
- An option to toggle an over-the-shoulder spectator camera is now available. This feature can be found under Options > Gameplay > Use Simple 3P Spectator Camera
- An option to mute voice lines while spectating is now available. This feature can be found under Options > Gameplay > Enable Voice Lines While Spectating
Developer Comments: These quality of life changes mirror some of the functionality available to professional broadcasters. By bringing these features in-game, we aim to provide players with a seamless spectator experience between streamed professional play and in-game matches with their peers.
BUG FIXES ( Overwatch Update – January 8th)
- Fixed a bug that caused Ashe’s scoped view to stutter when playing with a high framerate
- Fixed a bug that caused Brigitte to pivot when exiting third-person view after lowering her Barrier Shield
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt’s Earthshatter to not be visible to other players if he used it while recovering from a stun
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt to pivot when exiting third-person view after lowering his Barrier Field
- Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn’s turret to be built at an extreme angle if it landed on the edge of an object
- Fixed a bug that prevented Winston from dealing damage when landing at the maximum range of Jump Pack
- Fixed a bug that prevented players’ Competitive Points deduction from visually updating after purchasing a golden weapon
Maps (Overwatch Update – January 8th)
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand on the chimney above the attacker’s initial spawn room
- Fixed a bug that prevented the blast shields from moving in MEKA Base while in a skirmish match
- Fixed a bug that caused the railing above the first objective to block projectiles after being destroyed
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand on top of the sign for Moriarty’s Fine Books behind the first objective
Get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org