Niantic has announced another Pokemon Go event and this event has been named as Battle Showdown event.
The Battle Showdown event features leveling up of Gym Badges, earning more Stardust, and demonstrating Team Pride in this LTM.
Pokemon Go Battle Showdown event will go live on March 5, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST and will stay live until March 12, 2019, at 1:00 p.m PDT (GMT -7).
Pokemon Go Battle Showdown Event features
1) Fighting-type Pokemon which includes Mankey, Machop, Makuhita, and Meditite will appear more frequently in the wild.
2) If you are lucky, you might encounter Shiny Mankey and Shiny Machop.
The bonuses that you will get during this event include the following.
1) 2× Catch, Battle, and Raid Stardust
2) Double XP for Gym Badges
3) Earn up to 5 rewards per day from Trainer Battles, including Rare Candy
4) Earn up to three rewards for challenging team leaders, including Rare Candy.
In addition to this, a new move ‘Power-Up Punch’ has been permanently added to the game. The Pokemon which will enjoy this move includes Poliwrath, Kangaskahn, Hitmonchan, Medicham, and Lucario.