Pokemon Go Trading feature is live worldwide. Trading allows you to exchange your Pokemon with your friend in the game. Unlike the other Pokemon games, trading feature in Pokemon Go requires stardust to perform trades. This Pokemon Guide will make you familiar with the trading feature.
Pokemon Go Trading Requirement
In order to trade the Pokemon, players will have to meet some requirements:
- You should be a friend of that player you are trading with and trading will work for any friendship level.
- You should be in the 100m range from your trading friend
- Both Friends should have at least level 10.
Pokemon Go Guide- How To Trade Pokemon In Pokemon GO
To trade, find the Trainer in Friends Tab and click on your Friend’s profile whom you want to trade with. From there click on trade button and wait for Friend to get ready. If you both meet the mentioned requirements then you will automatically place in the trading lobby where you can select your Pokemon for trading. At last, verify the stardust needed for Trading and trade your Pokemon.
Pokemon Go Trading Mechanics
These are few things that should keep in mind before Trading Pokemon in Pokemon GO:
- A Standard Trades that involves those Pokemon that are not legendary, not shiny and which you have already caught will cost 100 Stardust.
- When you trade your Pokemon, IV’s, HP, CP and Level can change, but moves, gender and the size of the traded Pokemon will be same.
- If You trade a high-level Pokemon to that friend who can’t power up to that level, then the Pokemon’s level will go down.
- A Pokemon can be traded only one time. You can’t trade more than one time to get perfect IVs
- Mythical Pokemon Can’t be traded in Pokemon Go.
- Trades reward additional Candy depend upon the distance between the catching location of two Pokemon(credits: Reddit)
- 1 Candy = close distance.
- 2 Candy = medium distance.
- 3 Candy =>100 KM distance.
- Trading also affect older medals
- Trading XL Magikarps (>13.13kg) counts towards the Fisherman Medal
- Trading tiny Rattata (<0.25m) counts towards the Youngster Medal
- Trading any Pokemon counts towards the appropriate Type medal
Pokemon Go Special Trades
Pokemon Go Guide
Special trading is trading in which you can trade particular types of Pokemon. You can do special trade only with Legendary Pokemon and Shiny Pokemon.
If you are trading following Pokemon:
- Pokemon not in your Pokedex
- Pokémon with forms not already in your Pokédex (like Unown, costumed Pikachu, and Castform).
It will cost you same as special trading cost. You can only do one special trading per day with same steps and rules mentioned above.
Pokemon GO Trading costs
Pokemon Go Trading Feature requires Stardust. Different trades cost different stardust.
The following chart illustrates the different Trading Costs:
|Type of trade||Already in Pokedex||Not in Pokedex|
The friendship level plays here a major royal in rewarding discounts in trading:
- Good friend = no discount (
- Great friend = 20%
- Ultra friend = 92%
- Best friend = 96%
Source: Pokemon Official Blog