We at VoStory.com take privacy very sincerely. We assure you never to disclose your gathered personal information to third parties or use it for bulk mail lists or newsletters. The capitulation of personal information is not obligatory to browse our website, and we actively direct you NOT to acknowledge any of your private addresses, emails or phone numbers when communicating with our readers in the comments sections.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND GUARD?
- When you register an account at our website, and you log in with either your Facebook or Google account, we never store your login data, your name or email address – the login verification is performed directly by Facebook or Google. We also don’t get any information about your social network contacts or any right for posting to your Facebook timeline.
- We, herewith state that we won’t sell, share or provide your email ID to any 3rd party services. We at VoStory.com are the sole owners of your information gathered by us at several different points on our Website and will only use it for sending weekly newsletters or promoting services. You should, however, be aware that we log data about your visit to our website for statistical purposes.
- We only gather that to evaluate our audience, and we may provide this evaluation to our promising advertisers and business partners. We disclaim our responsibility for the personally identifiable information you opt to submit in these forums. Every computer and device connected to the Internet is assigned an Internet Protocol (IP) address. The IP address can often be used to identify your country, state, and city and we may process that information for statistical purposes to discern from where in the world you are coming from (also known as “IP geolocation”).
Note: We send users newsletters and updates upon registration. We send newsletters and promotional emails on behalf of our alliance partners. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable and email address information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
A cookie is a small text file stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. VoStory.com will store some information about your preferences how the website looks and operates on your computer inside a tiny file called a ‘cookie.’
- Identify you as a returning user and to count your visits in our traffic statistics analysis;
- Remember your custom display preferences;
- Suggest the last phones you’ve searched for in our Phone search field;
- Other usability features including tracking whether you’ve already given your consent to cookies.
Allowing cookies from VoStory.com is not strictly mandatory for the website to work, but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally, and the personal data is entirely under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier and secured for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. Reference for cookies can be found on http://www.cookiecentral.com/.
We use session cookies to store the secure session and browsing preferences of the user. We set a persistent cookie to save your username and interests, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
We reserve the right to alter, revise and amend this policy at any time by placing a prominent notice on our site. Such changes shall be effective immediately on this site.
WITH WHOM WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED?
We will share your information with our Alliance Partners who endeavor with us or on our behalf to help provide you the services. An alliance partner is a company or an individual who owns and manages (wholly or part of) online content on their websites powered by VoStory.com.
We do not rent, sell or share your personal information, and we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties unless:
- We have your permission
- Special circumstances such as compliance with summons/warrants, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable and email address information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
THIRD PARTY AD SERVERS
We may have (Alliance Partner) third-party advertising companies displaying ads for you when you visit our website. These companies may store information about your visits to our website and to other web sites to provide you with relevant advertisements about goods and services.
These companies may engage cookies and other identifiers to measure advertising efficiency. The information is generally not personally identifiable unless you provide personally identifiable information to them through an ad or an e-mail message.
We aren’t reliable for the information shared by you with the Third Party Ad Servers.
- If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can email us at Feedback.
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at Feedback.