Sorry to bother you, a Sundance comedy and fantasy film written and directed by Boots Riley, is back with a brilliantly creative trailer. Starring Lakeith Stanfield, Tessa Thompson, Jermaine Fowler, Omari Hardwick, Terry Crews, Patton Oswalt, David Cross, Danny Glover, Steven Yeun and Armie Hammer.
The comedy of the year, “Sorry to bother you” announces the arrival of ‘A fresh and bold voice’.
Sorry to disturb you concerns the dreamy misadventures of a down-and-out guy named Cassius Green (Stanfield). When Cassius lands a telemarketing job, he learns the magical secret to sell things over the phone to white people.
What it’s all about?
Sorry to Bother You is an apex of “Whatever feels fun,” which the trailer certainly showcases. The film tells the story of Cassius “Cash” Green (Stanfield), a man who gets into telemarketing in a desperate bid to earn some money. Little does he know that the secret to getting by in this line of work…is adopting a “white voice.” Not just any white voice but evidently that of David Cross.
Undoubtedly, the contrast of having Cross’s voice come out of Stanfield’s face is both a crazy plotline and intelligent commentary about how people of color have to twist to conform to so-called “acceptable” workplace practices. But we also see how the successes that stem from that one little change can eat into every aspect of someone’s life; Cassius’s job also alienates him from his girlfriend, Detroit (Thompson), and ultimately lands him potentially making a fishy deal with a menacing, gun-wielding Steve (Hammer).
The Sorry to Bother You trailer comprises some engaging, imaginative filmmaking — Cassius falling into the living room of a telemarketing client, for example — as well as the typical scenes you’d find in any workplace comedy. But there’s definitely something else bubbling beneath the surface. There is only a glimpse of certain disruptions (protests) that would presumably play a part in setting Cassius back on a better moral path after literally selling his soul. We are deliberately left out of the loop after he is promoted to a “power caller.” What exactly does that mean and what kinds of clients will he serve?
The movie is all set to hit he theatres on July 6th, 2018.
Get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dragon Ball Heroes Reveal New Prison Planet
- Avengers Infinity War Fan Proves That Mad Titan, Thanos Is A Liar
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro and Mi Pad 4 launching on June 25
- Myntra Blink Go fitness tracker launched: Price at Rs. 4199
- League Of Legends Patch 8.13 Release Date, Changes And God King Skins
- Live Photos of Motorola One Power Confirms Notch and Dual rear camera
- Vivo now working on 3D Depth Camera for Face Recognition
- Nick Fury and Black Panther Will Meet In Future Confirms Samuel L. Jackson
- Sims 4 Update: June Patch Brings Glass Roof And Many More
- Ant-Man and The Wasp Theory: Is The Original Wasp A Villain?