2018 has been an amazing year for all the Bollywood fans with a variety served: romantic, thriller, horror, crime and much more. With only 3 months left for 2018 to end let’s have a look at the best of Bollywood romantic movies of 2018.
- Padmavat set in medieval Rajasthan, Queen Padmavati (portrayed by Deepika Padukone) is married to noble Rajputana King, Ratan Singh (portrayed by Shahid Kapoor) and they live in a prosperous fortress with their subjects until an ambitious Sultan, Alau Din Khilji ( portrayed by Ranveer Singh) hears of Padmavati’s beauty and forms an obsessive love for the Queen of Mewar. Its directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- October is a slice of romantic drama film directed by Shoojit Sircar. It stars Varun Dhawan, Banita Sandhu and Gitanjali Rao. The film depicts the life of a hotel management intern who takes care of his comatose fellow intern unconditionally and unconventionally.
- Laila Majnu: Taking the leap out of the classic folklore, the story is set in today’s time in Kashmir where Laila Majnu has problems relevant to the youth of today. While dealing with their feuding families a passionate love story unravels. Directed by Sajid Ali and produced by Imtiaz Ali and Sajid Ali. It stars Avinash Tiwary and Tripti Dimri.
- Love Yatri: It is an upcoming Bollywood musical romantic drama produced by Salman Khan and directed by debutant Abhiraj Minawala.
It’s set against the backdrop of Navratri in Gujarat. Aayush stars as a garba teacher from Baroda who falls in love with an NRI, played by Warina when she visits the town during the festival.
- Dhadak: It is a tragic romance film written and directed by Shashank Khaitan. Jointly produced by Karan Johar, Hiroo Yash Johar and Apoorva under the Dharma productions. It stars Ishaan Khatter and debutant Janvi Kapoor. Its based on the theme of honour killing, where Madhav( belonging to a poor background) falls in love with Madhavi ( a high-class girl). They run away and the boy is thrown off the cliff at the end.
- Jalebi: It is an upcoming Hindi language romantic drama film directed by Pushpdeep Bhardwaj. It’s a remake of the Bengali film Praktan. It stars Rhea Chakraborty, debutant Varun Mitra and Digangna Suryavanshi in lead. It is to be released on 12th October 2018.
- Namaste England: it is an upcoming Bollywood romantic comedy film directed and co-produced by Vipul Amrutlal Shah. The film is the sequel to 2007 film Namaste London. The film stars Arjun Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra and Aditya Seal in lead roles. It is scheduled for a worldwide release on 19 October 2018. A basic plot is a man in love (Arjun Kapoor) follows his wife (Parineeti Chopra) to London where she has gone to gain the freedom to follow her dreams.
So, these are the Top 7 Best Romantic Bollywood Movies of 2018 so far, and as more movies will come, we will update the article